485 Features: -Burrs: Manufactured in Europe, the Encore's 40 mm conical burrs will grind for many styles of coffee. Conical burr grinders are exceptional at producing consistent grinds from very fine to very coarse as well as being durable and will remain sharp for many years..-Grind Adjustment: Turn the hopper and with 40 settings you can quickly adjust from fine for espresso to coarse for French Press. The grind range is from 250 to 1200 microns..-Grinds Left in Grinder: To maximize freshness, the Encore minimizes the ground coffee left in the grinder..-Brewing Methods: The Encore is a great grinder for manual brewing and espresso.-Motor: A powerful, high torque DC motor effortlessly drives the burrs. This motor turns slowly resulting in cool, quiet operation and permits long grinding duty-cycles. The circuitry is equipped with an automatically resetting, thermal cutoff switch..-Calibration: An innovative burr calibration system ensures that each grinder has the full range of grind. If necessary, the grinders can be user calibrated..-Speed Control: With unique speed control, the Encore uses a combination of gear and electronic speed reduction to control the rotation of the burr to 450 RPM. The electronic speed controller is adjustable from 405 to 495 RPM in the event that specific user conditions require modification of the speed. This slow speed reduces heat, noise, and static generation in the grinder. It also ensures that the beans feed smoothly into the burrs..-Cleaning: Burrs are easily removable with no tools, making cleaning very easy..-On-off Switch: The Encore has an easy on-off switch..-Speed to Grind: .8 to 1.1 g/sec..-Bean Hopper Capacity: 8 oz. (227 g).-Grounds Bin Capacity: 5 oz. (142 g).-Safety Listing: UL/CSA/CE/EK. Includes: -Gearbox: In 2012, Baratza introduced the second generation Gearbox (GB 2.0). With GB 2.0, Baratza has significantly increased the strength and durability of the drive transmission while decreasing noise. In addition to a ne
With so many on offer these days, it is great to have a name you can trust. This item is certainly that and will be a perfect buy. The distributor have added some great touches and this equals great value.
You can trust this review, i hope you can try to buy this product and then you know this product good or no. Next time you can make a review for another people.
Finally, a does-it-all grinder for under $300!
*** 1 Year Update***
I have been using this grinder multiple times per day for a year now and so far I have NO problems to report. It still grinds just as well as it did on day one, the burrs are still sharp and I still love this grinder. I have no doubt I made the right purchase and I am glad I didn't opt for the "fancy" lcd models with the automated grind features; to me all those extra bells & whistles = more that could break. If I were to upgrade, it would be for a unit in another "class"; perhaps the Vario, but that is several $100 more and I don't see any reason to do so at this time. I will add that there is a 1 star review on this site that complains about larger beans not feeding through the hopper. Initially, I thought it sounded silly; however, not long ago, I roasted a batch of beans much darker than usual (VERY VERY dark roast), resulting in the beans being about 1 1/2 times their usual size. While grinding, I noticed that about 4 beans got lodged between the hopper...
Click here to read the full review for more information about this product.
Great "Made in Taiwan" Grinder.
With "Baratza" being a high-priced coffee grinder name, this model was supposed to be a value. I was hoping for a bit more savings with this Taiwan manufactured model, but it's a bit overpriced to my standards. I grind specifically for a French press, and a setting somewhere around "22-24" gave the best grind for pressed coffee. After the initial cleaning, I've used about 3 tbsp. of minute rice once a week to clean the grinder so that I don't have to take it apart. The grind is very uniform, and each cup of coffee has the least amount of "sludge" left in the bottom of the cup, less so than any other grinder I've used. This model is relatively quiet and I've been using it for about one month. If you use coffee beans that are very oily, you may have to help them along in the hopper. For a standard french press, I fill the bean hopper until I can't see the little round burr-guard. Every time, this amount makes for a perfect cup of pressed coffee. I've ground everything from...
Great Espresso Grinder - Can be calibrated at home for extra-fine grind
This is a great $130 espresso grinder that can grind beans into a consistently fine powder suitable for most non-pressurized filter-basket home espresso machines. If the default factory "course" calibration does not provide a fine espresso grind enough for your needs, it can be calibrated at home for "fine" grind that adds the equivalent of an additional eight notches of extra-fine settings. See YouTube video "How To Re-Calibrate a Baratza Grinder" by "wholelattelovetv" for details. (Note: After re-calibration and re-assembly, you may have to initially rotate by hand the inner grind selection ring into a position that allows the bean hopper to be re-inserted.)
I did this home calibration to get an ultra-fine clumpy powder that can choke a non-pressurized filter-basket commercial espresso machine. Why pay over $300 for a commercial quality Rancillio Rocky grinder when you only need it for medium use at home. If you are willing to spend less than 5 minutes and calibrate...
Product Features :
- Speed Control: Uses a combination of gear and electronic speed reduction to control the rotation of the burr to 450 RPM.
- On-off Switch: The Encore has an easy on-off switch.
- Brewing Methods: The Encore is a great grinder for manual brewing and espresso.
- Bean Hopper Capacity: 8 oz (227g)
- Power Rating (North America): 110 V AC 50/60 Hz. 1 Amp
Rating : 3.7 out of 5.0
List Price : $129.00
0 comments:
Post a Comment